Step 1- “The Doctor’s Opinion” pg 4 (xxviii)
Words: Ideals, cynical, accepted, encouraged, rehabilitation, altruistic, essentially, elusive, injurious, restless, irritable, discontented.
1. Make a circle, (think like a clock) How much time in your life do you need to devote to God, sobriety, husband/wife/children, Step 1 program, sponsees, community, work. Put what you think you can devote to your Big Book Step Study.
2. How are you doing with your quiet time? How has it developed since you first started? Is there anything you feel is lacking and you need help or accountability put in?
3. How would you rate your acceptance and encouragement to new people who come into your step one fellowship? How would you rate your acceptance and encouragement of someone who has been in recovery a long time and keeps slipping and sliding? How would you rate your acceptance and encouragement of yourself when you fall short of what you think you should be doing?
4. Write one an experience you had with being restless, irritable, and discontented.
5. Write about the lie we tell ourselves that our addictive substance is going to give us ease and comfort.