(week 166) 12 step study Big Book workshop 5 March 2015
Recording of this workshop: 641 715 3900 pin no. 95666#
Stephanie has two groups both on the same number: 712 432 8816 pin no. 32450#
They also have the same callback number 641 715-3900 – but different pin numbers:
(1) Tuesday 8am EST Dr. Bob and the Good Old Timers pin no. 298913#
(2) Thursday 8am EST 12 Step Study (All Addictions) Big Book Workshop pin no. 95666#
Open Study Buddy Group Sundays EST 11-12am 712 432 0800 pin no. 587213#
Please send donations to support the website to:
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
Resentment is a lie we tell ourselves based on fear.
Write in your Big Book (page 67-8):
Victims do not get sober. Victims give themselves (ourselves) an excuse to detach from life, isolate and destroy themselves.
I can be right or I can happy, serene and joy-filled.
If I am relying on myself, I should be afraid.
The Second Step Proposition.
Step 2: Came to believe in a Power greater than ourselves would restore us to sanity.
Write your answer to the question:
1. What relationship or area of my life is not where I want it to be? (e.g. you have a teenager you are butting heads with,or a boss at work that somehow just rubs you the wrong way.) Start with just one. (This is an exercise you can do forever and ever).
2. Look at this and inventory how you were trying to be your own Higher Power, creating insanity and not letting go and letting God. This was probably out of fear.
4. Get honest with yourself. What action plan you can do to turn it over?
It is a pretty straightforward exercise. That is what a spot check inventory is – you can just do this Step 2 Proposition. What is not going well in my life right now? How come I feel insane? Feelings are good and are not facts and you need to not discount them. They are a gift from your Higher Power. And when you are feeling insane God is giving you a message. When feeling confused, angry, insane, sorry for yourself and don’t know what to do, stop and do this Second Step Proposition. It is basically a tenth step: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it. If you do it during the day you can catch it and not walk into making a mess. So when you do your nightly review you will not have an awful lot to say because you already caught it.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |