(week 173) April 23 2015 12 Step Study Big Book All Addictions Workshop
New phone bridge number: 712 775 7031 pin 714744988#
Recording of this workshop: 641 715 3900 pin no. 95666#
Please send donations to support the website either via the website or to:
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
Write out this acronym for TIME:
Whatever your fear is God will be there.
Don’t miss your Quiet Time. You won’t get through your fear without a higher power.
FEAR IS THE ROOT OF ALL RESENTMENTS AND ALL CHARACTER DEFECTS
There is a nanosecond (just like when you reach for that drink) when you can put God in there.
Do you want to trust and rely on God or do you want to trust and rely on fear and your feelings?
When to use your self-reliance, your self-will? When you co-operate with your HP.
For example: God help me to get up at 8am when the alarm rings. Self-reliance is:
1) Going out and buying an alarm clock
2) Setting it.
3) Before you go to bed ask God for help to get up when the alarm goes of
4) When the alarm goes off say: God help me to get up. And then you get up.
That’s using self-reliance and self-will. You are co-operating with God.
Look up: Infinite, finite.
Write ‘fear’ above ‘calamity’. Fear creates calamity.
What to do if you get anxious:
Breathe in God. Breathe out fear.
1. Go to your Quiet Time chair or wherever you are and for a minimum 3-5 minutes. Breathe in God. Breathe out fear.
2. Write: What am I anxious about?
3. Followed by a prayer:
Dear God I need your help. Help me to make an action plan to get through this anxiety. Amen.
[Put away the fear inventory for that moment and write your action plan on the anxiety].